What Is Prayer

A group I was asked to join had a meeting to discuss what prayer is, and, the first thing that occurred to me, is that nobody knows what it is.

My time to share, came up second, and, I stated, that prayer, is one of the ways that humans cope with their unknowns.

I'm asocial, so, it can take me a while to catch the real play. I discussed the learning process, for about five minutes, and the various ways available for humans to uncover, or assimilate new, unknown knowledge, before they all started heckling me down, and canceling every statement I made, until I was forced into silence.

As I sat back, I saw a glazed look of fear, and denial, in all the faces except one, and I got it. I realized, all of these people are scared of the unknown. Not one is curious. 

 I thought, Jesus, you should have started out, letting me know you're scared of the unknown, before you asked me about it.

Comments